Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Election Results - A Champion Comes Forward

It's a long story, but the bottom line is that I scored a major victory last night; Jack Weiss failed to cruise to outright victory and now must face Carmen "Nuch" Trutanich in the May '09 election.

Realistically, the best I could hope for was that my candidacy would do more to make voters aware of the danger Jack Weiss presents to democracy than it would do for me.

This election was never "all about me," it was about my life's mission; public service, and I feel I have done the people of Los Angeles a service in making them aware of the need to demand leadership, experience and integrity from City Hall. 31,556 voters agreed with me. Not enough for an outright win, not enough for a run-off, but a very respectable 4th place and more than enough to make Jack Weiss rue the day I threw my hat into the ring.

In the couple of months I've had on the campaign trail, I've gotten to know my fellow candidates really well. No other candidate impressed me as much as Nuch. Frankly, my worst nightmare would have been a run-off with him, as there's nothing about him that I don't like! He is a man of honor, principal and achievement. In the past he did the same job as I currently do; he was an accomplished Deputy District Attorney who founded our Environmental Crimes Division before embarking on a successful and honorable career in private practice.

So it's no surprise that I'm throwing my support behind Nuch and hope you will do the same.



Keep checking back and I'll be posting news here on how we can help to make Los Angeles a better place by electing a true champion of our values.

No comments: